Last modified: October 20, 2020
Who we are
CostQuest Associates and its affiliates (collectively, “Company,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Our website address is: https://www.costquest.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and us or this Website.
- When you register to use our Website.
- When you join our mailing list.
- When you request further information from us.
- When you enter contests/promotions via our Website.
- When you subscribe for any of our Services.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Not for Use by Children or Teenager
Neither our Services or our Website is intended for children or teenagers under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children or teenagers under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information to us or through our Website, register on the Website, make any payment to us, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child or a teenager under 18, we will delete that information from our records as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You
Depending on the specific Services you use and how you interact with us, we may collect various types of information. This information includes information that can be used to identify you personally. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which such person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows (“personal information”):
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and employer information.
- Contact Data includes postal address, street address, email address and telephone number.
- Technical Data includes your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data (when you register on our Website such as joining our mailing list) includes your feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our Website and interact with the Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website or register on the website;
- subscribe to our email contents or join our mailing list;
- subscribe for our Services;
- request marketing or further information to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below.
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google;
- Identity, Contact Data and other data from publicly available sources.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing for Services, subscribing to our email contents, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information for the Services you subscribe for.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your operating system, browser type and language setting.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches and allow you to participate in interactive features on the Website.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Third Party Links
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following circumstances:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or you agree to receive, such as electronic newsletters, special offers, or promotional materials.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account and services and products you have subscribed for, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To process your registration on the Website or your subscription for Services with us.
- To communicate with you when you message us.
- To process your entry into contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other promotional events that we run from time to time, should you decide to participate in them.
- For internal business purpose.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you. Here, “performance of contract” means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Here, “legitimate interest” means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation. Here, “comply with a legal obligation” means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please make a notation on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account or email us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Who we share your data with
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by making a notation on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by making a notation on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form) or at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information. Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
What rights you have over your data
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Sometimes we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Right to Know and Delete
California residents have the right to delete the personal information we have collected from you and the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to email@example.com. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. Please also provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative in the request. We will only use personal information you provide in a request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
We may require further information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity or your authority to make the request, we may deny your requests to know or delete. We may also deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Response Time and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request to know or delete within 14 days.
We endeavor to respond to a request within forty-five (45) days after we can reasonably verify your identity and authority to make the request. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response to the email address from which you send us the request or the email address on your account (if you have registered an account with us).
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For any request to know, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Right to Opt-Out and Opt-In
To the extent we sell your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. If you change your mind, you may opt back in any time by emailing email@example.com.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to re-authorize any personal information sales.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. You may also act as an agent and make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and will verify your identity (or your minor child’s identity) directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights under CCPA.
The website is not intent for minors under the age of 16. And we do not knowingly collect or sell personal information of minors under 16 years old, however, to the extent we knowingly “sell,” as that term is defined under the CCPA, the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents, we either obtain prior affirmative authorization from such minor who is at least 13 and opt-in to the sale of the minor’s personal information or obtain affirmative authorization from the minor’s parent or guardian. A minor, or parent/guardian, who has opted in to the sale of the minor’s personal information has the right to opt-out at any time. To exercise your right to opt-out, see Right to Opt-Out and Opt-In for more information.
Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section§1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We may share personal information as defined by “Shine the Light” with third parties and/or our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. If this law applies to you and you wish to obtain further information about our sharing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website is not intended to be used by non-US residents.
If you use our Website outside of the United States, you understand that you are at your own risk and that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions (if any) will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by others.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Controller & Contact Information
Full name of legal entity: CostQuest Associates, Inc.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 1430 E McMilan St., Cincinnati OH 45206
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection issues in your jurisdiction. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.